It’s a frequently debated issue about which is preferable between chlorine or cedar pools. The two most common ways to sanitize your pool would be utilizing chlorine tablets or chlorine generators, AKA cedar pools. In this website, we’ll explain to pros and cons to each system and depart the deciding to you.
In this article, we will help break down the differences that the pros and cons of saltwater vs chlorine pools :
- Less Maintain. Pool care is more “hands-off” using a salt water system, as the salt cell simply produces chlorine as needed. That said, you still need to monitor chlorine levels occasionally to be certain everything is working okay.
- Safer afterward chlorine – Regardless if it’s in table or fluid form, chlorine can be dangerous to store and transport. Studies have found that chlorinated water can also introduce long-term health risks, which may not be relevant for salt water systems to the identical extent. Nevertheless they do still produce exactly the exact same disinfection byproducts as traditional pools.
- Due to the significantly lower chlorine content in the water, swimming pools that use cedar systems tend to be far less damaging to the skin. People who have very sensitive skin or people that suffer from allergies won’t have problems when they take a dip in this kind of swimming pool.
- Low Salt Levels Even though they’re called cedar pools, the water really has lower quantities of salt than water. Thus, it’s possible to safely open your eyes while underwater. The small quantity of salt from the water may also make the skin feel softer and smoother.
Research suggests that salt water systems may be safer than chlorine pools, which compel owners to store and handle unsafe chemicals. Likewise, studies suggest that regular exposure to heavily chlorinated swimming pools could pose long-term health hazards.
- low chlorine – The water in a saltwater pool has less chlorine material compared to your regular pool. That is because you don’t have to physically add chlorine from the water. Instead, saltwater pool systems utilize chlorine generators that convert salt to chlorine.
- More Complex. If you have a sanitation issue with a typical swimming pool, then the answer is often to include more chlorine (or another compound). With contemporary electronic steam water systems, any problems that crop up are more likely to need the aid of an experienced technician.
- You will find reports of salt water systems damaging fixtures, heaters, liners, underwater lighting, and even masonry work. But some of the info could possibly be outdated or apply only to older gear. You might have to avoid using specific types of heaters, fixtures, underwater illumination, liners as well as some kinds of masonry work
- Even with less upkeep, saltwater pools require power for the chlorine generator to work. A 20,000-gallon pool will require approximately 500 watts of electricity. In short, your operating cost for this sort of swimming pool may be higher compared to a traditional one.Unfortunately, salt water pools require a larger initial investment, making them more costly than traditional pools.
- While a salt water pool process is initially expensive to set up, a chlorine systems provide lower starting costs for the homeowner. With no chlorine and salt generator, installing a conventional pool is more affordable compared to a salt water pool.
- The reason chlorine has been the top method of pool cleaning for so many years is because it’s very effective at preventing bacteria and algae growth.
- Chlorine may be used in gas, liquid or solid form
- Chlorine is widely used and readily available
- Chlorine does not damage masonry or pool accessories such as salt
- Chlorine may be damaging to skin, hair, and eyes . It produces disinfection by-products, chloramines and trihalomethanes (THMs), which cause irritation to the eyes, skin, throat and lungs.
- Chlorine pools require extra time and maintenance . A chlorine program has to be carefully monitored and examined to ensure that the amounts of chlorine stay balanced. Often times, homeowners hire a professional to clean the pool for them and store substances at acceptable levels.
- -Chlorine pools need extra time and maintenance . A chlorine program has to be carefully monitored and tested to make certain that the amounts of chlorine remain balanced. Quite often, homeowners employ a professional to clean the pool for them and keep chemicals at acceptable levels.
- Chlorine was shown to cause respiratory difficulties in people with asthma, and has been linked in studies to specific types of cancer.
And there you have it: the cold, hard truth about salt water and chlorine pools.That the ideal alternative will be up for you and that which best meets your needs